CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Kawarau Bridge

I was in Queenstown, New Zealand--The adventure capital of the world! The place where bungy jumping was invented! I had to do it!
I took off my hat, rolled up my pants, and crawled onto a little platform mounted to the side of the bridge. Rock music (I think maybe Bon Jovi) played on a portable radio as I sat watching the bungy guy strap the cords to my ankles.
He helped me up and held onto my hand as I hopped to the edge of the platform.
I could feel the butterflies in my stomach as I looked over my toes to the water below--43 meters is a long way down.
My family and other spectators watched from a viewing area at the edge of the ravine probably thinking I was out of my mind--maybe I was:)
"1-2-3....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....bounce, whooooooa, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...bounce, whooooooooooa, aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......!"
AJ Hackett, eat your heart out!

3 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

I'm so jealous...in my younger years I dreamed of bungy jumping in New Zealand...now I'm too aware of my mortality...and who would watch my kids for me if I were dead! Ah, I hate being a grown up.

Sadie Lou said...

i am shaking right now! there is like no way i could ever do that. i would probably barf on my way down and before! sorry!

Sadie Lou said...

didn't mean to gross you out!