CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Border Patrol



Well, I'm legal to stay in Thailand for another 30 days. I had to run across the border into Laos to renew my visa over the weekend. It was an adventure. After taking several buses, minibuses and tuk-tuks, Carla (another volunteer in a different village) and I finally made it to the border. When I stepped up to the booth where they stamp your passport, the guard working there said he didn't know if I'd be able to get the visa into Laos becuase all but the very last page of my passport were full. The Laos visa takes up an entire page (complicated long story...). Anyway, forunately when I went through immigration on the Laos side fo the border, I had no problem...except that now my passport had no more empty pages...meaning no place for a stamp back into Thailand, out of Thailand, into Malaysia, out of Malaysia, back into Thailand, out of Thailand, into Hong Kong, OUt of HOng Kong, and Into America... So, I took a little trip to the US embassy in Laos where they kindly added extra pages to my passport. Now I have plenty of space to explore the rest of the globe. Watch out world. Here I come!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Only you, Cim, would run out of pages in your passport before you hit your 28th birthday. (LONG before...) Congrats on both the successful re-entry into Thailand, and your eventual return to America! We would have missed you!!

Sweet Em said...

That is so neat! I wonder what museum that will be featured in when you are famous?

CayLynne said...

We, too are glad that you didn't get stuck in Laos. Garth is the only other person I know with extra pages in his passport, except for the head of Church security who has stacks of full to overflowing passports. (Not like the Bourn Supremacy guy, just filled up from protecting Pres. Hinckley, who by the way must also have filled a few himself.) Cimberly, you are indeed in good company.

Amy Lynn said...

That is so cool. You ran out of pages in your passport...I love that you ran out of pages. It is so romantic or something. I want to run out of pages in my passport!